BURBERRY EXPANDS ITS DK88 TOP HANDLE COLLECTION
N E W T I M E L E S S B A G D E S I G N S I N S P I R E D
BY THE FABRIC AT THE HEART OF THE BRAND
Burberry reveals the full assortment from its DK88 bag collection, first introduced on the runway as part of the February 2017 show in London, and celebrated in a campaign shot on location at Henry Moore Studios & Gardens in Hertfordshire. Named after the house code for the brand’s signature honey-coloured gabardine fabric, the DK88 collection features styles reimagined in Burberry’s new Trench Leather, paying tribute to the fabric at the very heart of the Burberry story. The timeless styles form a new permanent bag collection for the brand, expanding its range of iconic products.
The Small DK88 Top Handle bag
“With The DK88 we wanted to create a timeless collection of bags which would have the same spirit and attitude as the iconic trench coat. Each bag is crafted from this incredibly rich Trench Leather, which we designed to reflect and celebrate the fabric at the very heart of our brand. The result is a collection of bags in painterly colours which is defined by its contrasts – effortlessly elegant, modern yet timeless, supple yet strong – and unmistakably British.” Christopher Bailey, Burberry Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer
• The DK88 Top Handle sits at the heart of the collection, and is defined by its timeless silhouette, oversize lock and sculptured handle.
• A collection for men and women, available in a range of sizes.
• Features seven different styles at launch including satchel and luggage-inspired shapes, anchored by a classic top handle bag in two sizes.
• Colour palette ranging from black, dark navy, honey tan, antique red and dark forest green, to painterly hues of slate blue, blossom pink, ash rose and celadon green.
• All styles come with an adjustable leather crossbody strap to allow for hands-free carrying.
• Designed in England at Burberry’s headquarters in London and made in Italy, crafted from the brand’s new Trench Leather.
• Selected designs feature an oversize brass tone lock, and an internal pocket made especially for the accompanying key.
• Made in Italy, the new Trench Leather is embossed with a unique pattern reflecting the distinctive twill finish of cotton gabardine, the cloth Thomas Burberry patented in 1888, and which is still used today to make Burberry’s signature made-in-England trench coats.
• The full collection is now available globally in store and on Burberry. com, and will evolve with new sizes, styles and colours.
The DK88 Top Handle bag
The Small DK88 Top Handle bag
WANTED: THE BURBERRY CAR COATAugust 29th, 2017
BURBERRY EXPANDS ITS DK88 TOP HANDLE COLLECTIONAugust 24th, 2017
BURBERRY OPENS ‘THE CAPE REIMAGINED’ IN CITIES AROUND THE WORLDApril 11th, 2017
PRADA presents the ‘Graphic Rooms’ – A Modular DesignFebruary 22nd, 2017
WE ARE IN LOVE with The BURBERRY February 2017 collectionFebruary 21st, 2017